Expand the transaction set available at your ATMs and leverage your existing terminals to free up your tellers and drive more revenue. Dr. Kathy Herziger-Snider, Vice President, Product Development, CO-OP, and Alan Falconer, Executive Director, Electronic Transaction Advisors, explored the genesis of this game-changing technology.
The self-service model has evolved over time and has become very common in our daily lives: ATMs, Redbox, eCheck-in at airports, check-out counters in supermarkets, even cupcake ATM’s. In the late 90’s, we coined the phrase “Web-Enabled ATM”, a more open environment. As mentioned in many THINK 12 sessions, the industry tore the whole closed ATM system down and reassembled the pieces to create a new system. At that time, the industry was focused on getting the best technology. Today, we’re more focused on the consumer experience.
CO-OP Financial Services and ATM manufacturer Diebold have just announced a shared effort to bring video communication to ATM transactions, allowing members to connect to a call center customer service representative for real-time, “face-to-face” interaction via two-way video. This is another opportunity for credit unions to reach out to the next generation of customers and support them in getting their tasks done.
CO-OP NextGen ATMs helps your credit union to maximize the ATM channel:
- Leverage your investment in Diebold Opteva terminals with a software-only shared branching innovation.
- Gives your members full-service access to their accounts, and direct control over transactions that traditionally require a teller.
- Increase branch efficiency by alleviating teller lines.
- Generate acquirer revenue via your issuer module, saving the expense of buying an acquirer module.
- Provide expanded, self-service and shared branching access 24/7.
- Expand your branch reach without the expense of brick and mortar.
- Differentiate your business from big banks with credit union-unique shared branching.
- Deliver a shared branch experience that sets you apart from other financial institutions. Integrate both ATM and shared branch self-service transactions into your existing channel-management process with CO-OP, utilizing all current ATM reports, monitoring, management and other tools.
- Gain an additional benefit from your terminal driving and processing from CO-OP.
- Extend shared branch transactions in the more than 1,700 credit unions and 32 million members in the CO-OP Shared Branching Network when your credit union participates in shared branching.
- Build a foundation for future capabilities with the IFX terminal handler.
As Jeff Norris said at THINK 12, CO-OP is the rocket and your credit union is the payload. We provide the foundation and you have the freedom to customize your ATMs according to the needs of your members.